Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Content Exploration: Fly Pens











I gave Fly pens a test drive, and I must say it took awhile for me to to adapt to the application. I am not going to advocate it as the second coming of the wheel, but it is a rather interesting tool that can help students immensely through the complex workings of a pen. Since I plan on teaching Language Arts, I explored the writing program for Fly Fusion Pens. The Pentop computer and learning pad allows for the students to write on the pad, while the program can check their spelling and enhance their writing skills, as they write on the pad.

Fly pens can enhance writing skills, and the student can practically interact with the student. Other than tutorial's, I searched and searched for a video of a student using the Fly Pen. No luck for writing, but here is an extensive review of Fly Pens. http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2171883,00.asp

I was impressed with the review, I wish I could have taped myself sadly attempting to use the Fly Pens in the TTL.....

In this tutorial, this guy somewhat tends to gab. However, he does the best job at explaining how to use Fly Pens, through writing from the videos of what I saw. He claims Fly Pens can be useful to all different types of learners, but I would suggest higher level elementary students to middle school students. Fly Pens can be difficult to adjust to, but in the long run they can be very beneficial to students' writing development.
I would consider this primarily a tutorial because it mostly serves for the practice portion of a tutorial. But, it also presents some new information to them, such as the spelling of words and just acquiring new vocabulary words.

No comments:

Post a Comment